The busy season is officially in full swing but there are still a few home inspection conferences to get you going. Here are a few hotspots to hit in April.
* The Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors always has a hoppin spring conference. This year’s kicks off in San Antonio April 4th and 5th and will touch on roofing inspections, solar, brick veneers, electrical bonding and grounding and plumbing. Click here to register.
* If you’re ready for some fun in the sun, head south. The Orlando Inspection Conference sweeps the Sunshine State April 13th through 17th and will include classes that address mold inspections, pool and spa certification, marketing and environmental inspection workshops. One, three and five-day registration passes are available right over here.
* Nick Gromicko from Internachi and a boatload of veteran inspectors gather for the AII/NACREI Spring Conference in Reno, Nevada, April 25th through 27th. A full schedule is available here, but highlights panels with professional witness, Mike Casey, a workshop on inspection components with Mike Crow and a seminar on gas appliance installations with seasoned inspector, Joe Zaabadick. A sweet hotel discount is also available for attendees staying at the Best Western Reno. Step right this way to get registered.
It’s getting warmer Tap Inspectors, and that means your home inspection business will be heating up soon too. Here are a few ways to cram in a few continuing education credits before your calendar gets packed.
* March’s home inspection conferences start with our neighbors to the north. The Carson Dunlop Conference lands in Toronto March 1 and 2, boasting “informative education sessions, discussions, and networking opportunities, along with continuing education credits.” Conference highlights include a workshop on safety and defects led by ASHI President-Elect, Alden Gibson, and a workshop on report writing best practices led by Carson Dunlop President, Alan Carson. Click here to get registered.
* 16 hours of continuing education credits are up for grabs at the NCASHI 2014 Winter Educational Conference. Invading Burlington, North Carolina March 7th and 8th, this conference offers renewal credits in ethics, roofing systems, exterior systems and interior systems as well as reduced prices for home industry pros who don’t need the credits.
* It’s winter in North Carolina, but it’s spring in Florida. The 2014 Florida Association of Building Inspectors (FABI) hits Orlando March 15 and 16. There’s a little something for every kind of home inspector here, including workshops on infrared certification, mold assessment and remediation, and wind mitigation. Full conference details are available here.
* It’s all about Orlando this year. The Orlando Inspection Conference in Florida kicks off April 13th through 17th, bringing with it warm weather and even hotter workshops. This year’s conference features an entire track exclusively for mold assessors as well as a bevy of courses for more general home inspectors. In addition to typical courses on pool, deck and environmental inspections, the conference will also bolster your business side with seminars on Google Analytics and growing your startup. Hotel discounts run out by March 24th. Step right this way to get registered for the conference.
* January is approaching, which means one thing– INSPECTION WORLD!!!! One of the largest and most prestigious home inspection conferences in the country, Inspection World includes 45 educational sections and specialized tracks for those who want to really focus on aspects like business management or auxiliary training. Head here to get registered.
* After Inspection World, there’s only one place to be: Minocqua, Wisconsin. Brave the oh-my-gosh-this-temperature-is-vicious air for the Wisconsin REALTORs Association Winter Conference which happens from January 29 through 31, 2014. If you’re looking to increase your bank of REALTOR contacts, this is a major win for home inspectors, environmental inspectors and property managers. Also, it’s worth noting that this conference is bound to be a blast. Taking place at a conference center WITH AN INDOOR WATER PARK, the WRA Winter Conference is ripe with professional development opportunities as well as the ability to have some fun too.
* If you’re seeking warmer climates, head south to the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors‘ (TAREI) annual home inspection winter conference in Austin,TX from January 24th to 25th.
* For those in the home energy game, the RESNET Building Performance Conference rocks Atlanta February 24th through 26th. Touting itself as “the premier national forum on home energy ratings, existing home retrofits, building codes and energy policy,” the conference will feature breakout sessions that tackle energy tax credits, field testing troubleshooting, radiant barriers and more. A full list is available right here. Early bird registration deals fly away after January 24.
* Looking way ahead, the Orlando Inspection Conference in Florida isn’t scheduled until April, but limited time early bird registration deals are available now. More than 500 home inspectors attend the event and the new year’s conference will cover both ins and outs of inspecting—think workshops on wind mitigation, water intrusion forensic inspecting and environmental sampling—as well as seminars on creating and building your marketing platform. Boost your networking contacts, professional know-how and Google ranking all in one place.
Stay warm at these home inspection conferences this December:
* Winter gets a little more FAB this year as the Florida Association of Building Inspectors’ (FABI) Winter Conference washes up on Daytona Beach December 7 and 8. Mold assessors and remediators can snag up to seven continuing education credits and there are courses on wind mitigation training too. Step right over here for a full schedule of events. Savvy home inspectors who want to snag a sweet discount at the Daytona Beach Shores can do so by mentioning the Florida Association of Building Inspectors.
* Are you tired of reading about InspectionWorld? It’s right around the corner. InspectionWorld hits Nashville, Tennessee January 12th through 15th, 2014 and will feature 45 educational sessions, including separate tracks on business management, specialty training or building science skills. There’s also an entire bevy of events for spouses. Head here to get registered.
* If you can stand the cold, head to Minocqua, Wisconsin for the Wisconsin REALTORs Association Winter Conference. Kicking off January 29 through 31, 2014, not only makes for an excellent opportunity to meet and mingle with agents, but also may be the only professional conference in the world to feature an optional ice fishing outing. Workshops center around REALTOR-relevant subjects, but click here for sponsorship and exhibit opportunities.
* Finally! A home inspection conference thats not set in the dead of cold. The deep south plays host to the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors‘ (TAREI) annual winter conference this coming January. The event will be held at a TBA location in Austin, meaning that you can bank on unbelievable breakfast tacos and weather that’s almost guaranteed to melt your icicles. We’ll keep you posted as more details surface.
Here’s how to connect with other home inspectors and earn your continuing education credits this November:
* Head west for the AII Fall Conference. Landing in Portland, Oregon November 1 through 3, this conference features workshops on radon, new construction, electrical and auxiliary inspections as well as seminars on risk mitigation, inspection documentation and common home inspection mistakes. Download a registration form right over here.
* The CAHPI National Home Inspectors Conference rocks Ottawa, Canada, November 8th through 10th. The one-day conference will cover topics ranging from environmental training to electrical and new construction inspections. Click here to register.
* ASHI is also bringing the home inspection heat this coming November. The Mid-Missouri ASHI Fall Seminar kicks off in Columbia, Missouri November 5th while the St. Louis ASHI Fall Seminar hits the Maryland Heights Community Center November 8th. Inspectors in those areas can head here for more information.
* ASHI’s also heading north. November 8th and 9th, the Courtyard Marriott in Cromwell, CT will be home to the SNEC-ASHI Fall Seminar. The seminar will be divided into four segments—electric panel inspection, plumbing safety, fireplace and woodstoves and unusual home components—and all come with course outlines you can download here. Head over here to get registered.
* Speaking of ASHI, now is the time to get those plane tickets for InspectionWorld. One of the largest home inspection conferences in the country, InspectionWorld hits Nashville, Tennessee January 12th through 15th, 2014. This year’s conference will feature 45 educational sessions, including separate tracks for those who want to bone up on their business management, specialty training or building science skills. There’s also an entire bevy of events for spouses. Head here to get registered.