Welcome to version 7 of the Tap Inspect mobile app. This update to the modern app experience has been in the works for a while and is now available. It gets us closer to our goal of making it even easier to run your home inspection business from your phone or tablet. While still providing the same simple-to-use and easy-to-learn reporting system.
New Jobs Dashboard
The new Jobs Dashboard makes it easier to find openings in your schedule and book new jobs while you are on the go.
Improved status indicators allow you to see your availability at a glance in the new Day View and Month View of your schedule. Not just if you have a job but what part of the day is still open.
The interactive Maps View shows you the location of each inspection for the day so you can see how much travel you will be doing. Tap on a pin for more information about the job.
Book Jobs on the Go
Book a new job by tapping an open slot in the Day View of your schedule to grab that slot for a client while you are still on the phone. Or tap the plus to start a new job and choose any date or time.
We have added the most common inspection slots for you, but you can customize them to fit your business and your unique schedule. This makes it easier than ever to schedule a new job by tapping an open slot to book it and helps keep track of your availability.
More Legacy and a Few New Features
This update has multiple synchronization fixes and lots of small UI improvements. Plus, more legacy features have been re-introduced, getting us closer to closer full feature parity with the legacy app experience.
- It’s now possible to copy a full report from another job into the current job.
- Added the ability to import report data from a report in another job into the current report.
- When modifying the text of a saved comment, you can now create a new saved comment from your changes in addition to updating the original.
- Added the ability to specify a custom condition rating for an individual item.
- Added the missing option to edit the report footer from the report options screen.
- Added the option to send a text message in addition to making a phone call when clicking on a person’s phone number in the schedule tab.
What’s NextThis is a big update for Tap Inspect and is the result of rebuilding much of the underlying tech of the mobile app.
With this update done, we are able to return to a more frequent update cycle of the mobile app so we can get bug fixes and new features out in a more timely way.
We will continue to support the legacy app experience, but you will need to have iOS 13 or greater to install this and future updates to the mobile app.