The busy season is beginning to rev up again. To kick your butt back in gear, here’s what’s happening in home inspections:
* Building safety professionals-this one’s for you. April 29 through May 8 in Dallas, Texas, the International Code Council hosts a series of hearings regarding changes in building codes. Inspectors, engineers, architects, contractors and safety pros are encouraged to attend. Click here to register.
* If you’re still some continuing education credits short, the North Carolina Licensed Home Inspector Association can hook you up. The group offers three separate continuing ed opportunities in Asheville July 27-28, New Bern August 17-18 and Greensboro August 24-25. Early birds who register in advance get a sweet discount.
* If you missed the Atlantic City Inspection Conference this past weekend, don’t sweat it. The 2012 Pittsburgh Inspection Conference running from September 7 through 9 is now registering attendees.
* We know we’ve run this for two months now, but it bears repeating: InterNACHI is hosting a series of free webinars in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy on home performance, energy efficiency and sustainability. The next one runs on May 16 at noon Pacific time, 3:00pm EST.
* Just for fun, Forbes’ list of the best and worst places to buy a home right now.