August is right around the corner, bringing with it the last home inspection conferences of the summer. Here are the hottest ways to wind down your busiest season:
* Info on the TAREI Summer Conference is finally here. This year’s event kicks off in Houston from July 25th through 26th and will include workshops on infrared certification, structural lessons and common deficiencies. Information on individual sessions is available here and registration is right over here.
* While you’re checking out TAREI, stick around for the IQPC Oil & Gas Asset Integrity and Inspection Management Summit, from July 28th through 30th in Houston. This year, you’ll catch speakers from Chevron, Shell, the Subsea Engineering Program at the University of Houston and Eagle Energy. Themes on the event focus on corrosion, integrity and risk management.
* The North Carolina Council of Code Officials also welcomes their 10th Quadrennial Educational Conference August 3 through 6 at the Hilton Wilmington Riverside. Registration is $200 for current inspectors and $100 for retired inspectors if you register before July 18th.
* If you want the skinny on becoming a roof data technician, InterNACHI is passing it out for free. Wednesday, August 6th, InterNACHI will host a free online training seminar designed to educate inspectors on what roof data technicians do and how to get started. You can check out the full program of events right over here.
* Late August brings with it the six annual section meetings of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors. The six regional meetings run through mid-October and kick off with the Southwestern Section Meeting in Sparks, Nevada from August 24th through the 28th. A full list of each meeting is available at iaei.org.
* Details are finally available on the Florida Association of Building Inspectors’ fall conference. Head to Weston, FL from September 20 and 21 to get in on the action. This year’s event will include a special section on wind mitigation and continuing education. More information is available here. Early bird hotel deals expire August 20.