* January is approaching, which means one thing– INSPECTION WORLD!!!! One of the largest and most prestigious home inspection conferences in the country, Inspection World includes 45 educational sections and specialized tracks for those who want to really focus on aspects like business management or auxiliary training. Head here to get registered.
* After Inspection World, there’s only one place to be: Minocqua, Wisconsin. Brave the oh-my-gosh-this-temperature-is-vicious air for the Wisconsin REALTORs Association Winter Conference which happens from January 29 through 31, 2014. If you’re looking to increase your bank of REALTOR contacts, this is a major win for home inspectors, environmental inspectors and property managers. Also, it’s worth noting that this conference is bound to be a blast. Taking place at a conference center WITH AN INDOOR WATER PARK, the WRA Winter Conference is ripe with professional development opportunities as well as the ability to have some fun too.
* If you’re seeking warmer climates, head south to the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors‘ (TAREI) annual home inspection winter conference in Austin,TX from January 24th to 25th.
* For those in the home energy game, the RESNET Building Performance Conference rocks Atlanta February 24th through 26th. Touting itself as “the premier national forum on home energy ratings, existing home retrofits, building codes and energy policy,” the conference will feature breakout sessions that tackle energy tax credits, field testing troubleshooting, radiant barriers and more. A full list is available right here. Early bird registration deals fly away after January 24.
* Looking way ahead, the Orlando Inspection Conference in Florida isn’t scheduled until April, but limited time early bird registration deals are available now. More than 500 home inspectors attend the event and the new year’s conference will cover both ins and outs of inspecting—think workshops on wind mitigation, water intrusion forensic inspecting and environmental sampling—as well as seminars on creating and building your marketing platform. Boost your networking contacts, professional know-how and Google ranking all in one place.