What’s going on in the world of home inspection:
* InterNACHI is taking over the world one city at a time. The Inspector Marketing Tour focuses on helping home inspectors effectively market and promote their businesses. The best part is, it’s free (sort of). The $99 entry fee buys you a $99 voucher for home inspection products, services or InterNACHI membership. The tour kicks off in Wichita, Kansas on August 13.
* If you’re looking for a more tropical way to bone up on those continuing education credits, look to the islands. The Puerto Rico Home Inspection Semmer [sic] Jamboree happens on June 23.
* Affordable Comfort, Inc. (ACI) has a veritable boatload of conferences happening throughout the year. The 2012 ACI California Home Performance Conference kicks off June 5 through 6 in Sacramento. Sessions range from panels on retrofitting single family homes to how to successfully talk to clients. A double bonus is that a limited number of scholarships are available. If you can’t make it in June, don’t sweat it. The ACI Mid-Atlantic Home Performance Conference kicks off in October.
* If you’re still some continuing education credits short, the North Carolina Licensed Home Inspector Association can hook you up. The group offers three separate continuing ed opportunities in Asheville July 27-28, New Bern August 17-18 and Greensboro August 24-25. Early birds who register in advance get a sweet discount.
* If you missed the Atlantic City Inspection Conference this past weekend, don’t sweat it. The 2012 Pittsburgh Inspection Conference running from September 7 through 9 is now registering attendees.
* Our Communications Director is a little obsessed with homes overrun by snakes. This story has given her nightmares all week long.