Stay warm at these home inspection conferences this December:
* Winter gets a little more FAB this year as the Florida Association of Building Inspectors’ (FABI) Winter Conference washes up on Daytona Beach December 7 and 8. Mold assessors and remediators can snag up to seven continuing education credits and there are courses on wind mitigation training too. Step right over here for a full schedule of events. Savvy home inspectors who want to snag a sweet discount at the Daytona Beach Shores can do so by mentioning the Florida Association of Building Inspectors.
* Are you tired of reading about InspectionWorld? It’s right around the corner. InspectionWorld hits Nashville, Tennessee January 12th through 15th, 2014 and will feature 45 educational sessions, including separate tracks on business management, specialty training or building science skills. There’s also an entire bevy of events for spouses. Head here to get registered.
* If you can stand the cold, head to Minocqua, Wisconsin for the Wisconsin REALTORs Association Winter Conference. Kicking off January 29 through 31, 2014, not only makes for an excellent opportunity to meet and mingle with agents, but also may be the only professional conference in the world to feature an optional ice fishing outing. Workshops center around REALTOR-relevant subjects, but click here for sponsorship and exhibit opportunities.
* Finally! A home inspection conference thats not set in the dead of cold. The deep south plays host to the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors‘ (TAREI) annual winter conference this coming January. The event will be held at a TBA location in Austin, meaning that you can bank on unbelievable breakfast tacos and weather that’s almost guaranteed to melt your icicles. We’ll keep you posted as more details surface.
Fall has fallen and so have a boatload of home inspection events. Here’s how to get educated, get connected and get back in business:
* THE major event hitting the home inspection scene this month is the 2013 Las Vegas Inspection Conference. Slated for October 20 through 24 in Sin City, this year’s show includes workshops ranging from amping up your marketing brochures to info on breaking income barriers. Of course you’ll get to play with the latest gadgets and take the standard certification classes too. This year’s conference also includes a live interactive home inspection broadcast where you’ll get to pick up tips from the pros while they’re in the field. Head here for the full schedule.
* If you’re in (or trying to break into) the home remodeling biz, mark your calendars for October 16 through 18 and start looking for airfare to Chicago. The Remodeling Show national trade expo covers everything from building design to project management and provides an excellent opportunity for home inspectors to connect with those in the remodeling biz. A full schedule of NAHB courses is available here. Step right this way to register.
* For our home inspection friends up north, there are events for you too. The CAHPI National Home Inspectors Conference rocks Ottawa, Canada, November 8th through 10th. The one-day conference will cover topics ranging from environmental training to electrical and new construction inspections. Click here to register.
* ASHI is also bringing the home inspection heat this coming November. The Mid-Missouri ASHI Fall Seminar kicks off in Columbia, Missouri November 5th while the St. Louis ASHI Fall Seminar hits the Maryland Heights Community Center November 8th. Inspectors in those areas can head here for more information.
* Speaking of ASHI, now is the time to get those plane tickets for InspectionWorld. One of the largest home inspection conferences in the country, InspectionWorld hits Nashville, Tennessee January 12th through 15th, 2014. This year’s conference will feature 45 educational sessions, including separate tracks for those who want to bone up on their business management, specialty training or building science skills. There’s also an entire bevy of events for spouses. Head here to get registered.