If you missed InspectionWorld, don’t sweat it. There are still tons and tons of awesome home inspection conferences throughout February and March to keep you sharp on cutting edge tools and techniques. Mark your calendars accordingly:
* Strap on your snow boots and head to Minocqua, Wisconsin. The Wisconsin REALTORs Association Winter Conference kicks off January 29 through 31, 2014 and features “informative workshops about how to grow your business, mobile apps, rental agreements and more!” You’ll find seminars on social media marketing strategies, new laws that can have a drastic impact on your home inspection business, time management, and continuing education credits that can help fill your CE requirements. Also, and we’ve mentioned this several times before, there’s an indoor water park directly next to the conference and Wisconsin REALTORs Association provides information on snow mobile rentals, so there’s no fear that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
* We’ve been touting the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors‘ (TAREI) annual winter conference in Austin,TX for months now but we finally, FINALLY! have some firm details on what the conference will include. Taking place from January 24th to 25th, the conference will include continuing education courses on infrared technology, stucco and manufactured stone inspections, framing inspections, structural systems, and electrical systems. Click here for a full schedule. You can also get registered right over here.
* The Georgia Association of Home Inspectors hosts their annual conference February 7 and 8 in Atlanta. Largely focus on Georgia building codes, the conference will include seminars on some of the biggest topics in home inspections including electrical panels, plumbing, mechanical updates, and framing and deck updates. Click here for a full schedule and information on registration.
* North Carolina lights up for the NCHLIA Continuing Education Conference February 21 and 22 in Wrightsville Beach. Those who sign up before January 23 can save a bit on registration costs.
* Home energy professionals should head straight to Hotlanta for the RESNET Building Performance Conference February 24th through 26th. And you should do it quick. Early bird registration deals last through January 24. In addition to seminars on energy tax credits, field testing troubleshooting, and radiant barriers, RESNET also features pre-conference courses on combustion safety, ENERGY STAR certification, LEED, PHIUS rater training, and social media marketing starting February 22. A full list of conference workshops is available right here.
* Looking way ahead, the Orlando Inspection Conference in Florida isn’t scheduled until April, but limited time early bird registration deals are available now. More than 500 inspectors attend the event and the new year’s conference will cover both ins and outs of inspecting—think workshops on wind mitigation, water intrusion forensic inspecting and environmental sampling—as well as seminars on creating and building your marketing platform. Boost your networking contacts, professional know-how and Google ranking all in one place.