There’s nothing worse than working in the field as a home inspector, and cracking your phone screen or dropping it in water. Manufacturers are busy helping you find ways on how to protect your phone. And Tap Inspect will reveal to you just how far folks are going for their iPhones, iPads and other smart devices. Because hey, damages happen! Here are 5 extreme ways to protect your iPhones and other smart devices:
- Waterproof Casing: Believe it or not, there is an actual case for iPhones to protect them from any water damage and people are buying them like crazy. Retailers like LifeProof and OtterBox are offering waterproof iPhone cases for between $60.00 and $70.00. So for life’s fun moments in the pool, or harsh weather conditions in the field, a waterproof iPhone case may be the solution to all your water damage concerns.
- Screen Protectors: We here at Tap Inspect understand the demanding field of a home inspector. We understand moments where you may climb a ladder and drop your phone from high off the ground and shatter your screen. We’re also aware that merging your tools with your phone may result in a scratched up phone screen or even a cracked one. To avoid that, there are screen protectors that can be manually placed on your screen and purchased at any phone store, Apple Store or electronic retailer like Best Buy. They range in prices but aren’t too costly when it comes to protecting your iPhone!
- Bounce Casing: The ways to protect your iPhone is getting even more extreme with a case that actually bounces once it is dropped to avoid damage. Retailers, like Case-Mate, has wowed iPhone users with the bounce case. Although the idea of a bouncing iPhone seems strange, it is quite cool to know that once you drop your iPhone, it’s safe from harm. The corners of the “bounce cases” are bulkier than usual, which allows for it to bounce once it is dropped.
- Shatter-Proof Screen Protectors: You can hit your phone with a hammer after applying this particular screen protector…yes, a hammer! And regardless of the impact made by the hammer, your phone will not even get a scratch. Amzer, the known retailer for their ShatterPoof Screen Protectors, will cost anywhere between $50.00 and $70.00. This is not just a sceen protector to avoid scratches; shatter proof screen protectors will shield your iPhone from all damage made to its screen. The protectors are made from premium silicon adhesives. Now that’s extreme!
- Protective Casing: In addition to protecting your iPhone from water, cracks and shattered screens, you can also protect it from dust and particles, too. We do understand that and Inspectors job can get down and dirty! Purchasing a protective case will only cost you between $30.00 and $50.00 and can be bought from main phone store retailers or electronic stores. Brands like OtterBox can be found online or in local stores.
Let’s keep those iPhones safe while working hard! A damaged phone is no good to you in the field. Bite the bullet and pay a one-time price to avoid coming out of your pocket to pay a ton of money to replace your phone. Better safe than sorry!